Skip to main content

Sinkhole Part 2

Hello Dear Readers,
So, it turns out that the sinkhole in the Heights was not a total bust after all.  Eventually, the township began filling it repaved the street.  There were no problems, nothing unexplained and or otherwise.  Very disappointing.  Except Otto contacted me through Gemma.  It turns out his AA sponsor lives in the fancy Heights neighborhood directly across the street from the sinkhole.  Hooray for the chemical dependence!
It seems that when you live in a rich neighborhood you install security cameras on the exterior of your house.  Cameras that could capture the edge of the sinkhole.  Apparently, they captured something odd, and he told Otto about it.  Otto recommended that he talk to me since he is aware of my interest in unusual phenomena.  The wonders of CCtv pays off again.  Perhaps I should have some cameras installed in the apartment.  It would help to keep track of the ‘not a real cat’.
The time stamp on the video says 2:48 am two days after the street collapsed, creating the sinkhole.  A street lamp gives the video a low quality, grainy illumination.    An amorphous shape can be seen pulling itself out of the sinkhole.  It pauses at the edge of the broken ground.  Then it appears to dissolve or dissipate, spreading out until it can no longer be seen in the poor-quality video.  It gave me the distinct sense of a group of roaches dispersing when the lights are turned on.
There was something in corner of the video, in someone’s yard that had been moving rhythmically the entire time.  “What’s that?” I pointed to the movement at the corner of the screen.
“Sprinkler,” Otto said.  “The entire neighborhood has sprinklers that are on a timer.  They usually go off in the middle of the night, twice a week I think”.  I did the math in my head, and that would have been the first night the sprinkler went off since the sinkhole collapsed.  It hadn't rained either.
So, we had what looked like a cluster of animals that crawled out from below ground the first night it was wet out.  If the residents of that neighbor sleep with their windows open they may be getting an unexpected surprise!

Still no sign of payment for services rendered.


I’ll keep you updated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Update - Future

Hello Dear Readers, Part 1 I didn’t think I’d have new information about that contents of the almanac so soon.  But I do!  Most unexpectedly I got an email from Jan March!  Apparently, it is that time of the month!  Hooray for menstrual cycles!  She says that she still isn’t sure about sharing her journals with me but that she had a vision with pressing information.  This vision filled her such a sense of dread and foreboding that she contacted me as soon as she woke up!             Her vision was about the destruction of Kevin’s Crossing!  In it, she saw the town underwater with torrential rain.  Then everything began to shake and the ground split open and more water came out!  In water dark shaped could be seen swimming out of the cracks in the earth.  She didn’t know what they were, but she said she could feel their hostile intent.             This dream/vision mirrors the events in the 1887 Newton Almanac so closely as to make me extremely nervous.  While disastrous and

Idenitity of the Vandal

Hello Dear Readers, Today I received a shocking email from my friend Yusuf!  It’s been a while since I’ve seen or heard from him. Vic had told he’s doing much better since the last time we met.  Turns out its true!  Apparently, there’s something that he feels I needed to know. His email contained only a single link to an article from the Kevin's Crossing Herald, the charming local newspaper.  When I began reading it my breath caught in my chest.  The article said that the identity of the young man killed in a hit and run accident several weeks ago (the Vandal!) had been determined!  Though the identity of the driver of the car is still unknown (frowny face). Before going any further, I must tell you, dear readers, this was very difficult to read.  It re-ignites many emotions I had thought I’d put to rest.  The death of the Vandal, may he live forever in the sun, was very hard on me.  Since then I’ve buried myself in my research (and snack cakes).  This information re-opens t

Ziggy's Mini Mart

Hello Dear Readers, For the first several weeks of living in Kevin’s Crossing the center of my universe has been the coffee shop, the Steaming Mug.  It has fed me, been the source of social interaction, and provided me with a connection to the larger world(free wifi).     But like any small town, the true heart of my new hometown is local mini-mart/gas station.  About 1.2 miles from my apartment is Ziggy’s, part of a local franchise found in this area.  Ziggy’s provides essentially everything a person needs to survive.  From food to gas, to basic home essentials, to cold cuts, and sandwiches.     Now that I’m settled into my apartment I’ve been making regular trips on foot to Ziggy’s for supplies.  This is an important milestone since it signifies my new universe is expanding.  My trips are frequent since I can only carry a few groceries at a time(I think I will be investing in a bike soon).  That’s perfect because every time is an adventure.  So many interesting people, so man