Skip to main content

Snow Devils Part 2

Hello Dear Readers,
So the snow has come and gone.  It was only three inches and most of it melted by Wednesday. After the snow had finished falling I made a thorough investigation of the area surrounding my apartment.  I found no signs of devils or any other types of beasties.
I did find an unsettling number of cat pawprints in the snow.  Circling around my building again and again.  Or perhaps they are from the 'not a real cat'.  Suspicious.
As I ventured further out from my building in search of snow devils.  What I found an increased occurrence of the “Shh” graffiti.  I wonder if there is a correlation between strange events and the graffiti.  I will have to keep a log tracking graffiti and strange events occur.  I wish I knew what the vandal's purpose was.  What does he want us to be quiet about?
I did see a lot of yellow snow writing of Jak-Jak’s name.  Interesting.
I called Robyn but she hasn’t seen or heard of anything either.  We were both disappointed.
But my disappointment was lifted when spoke to Gemma at the coffee shop.  Her mother’s cousin’s sister-in-law, Karen, saw something unusual while driving to work.  She works as an in-home nurse and had clients that required her care.  So she set out as soon after the snow stopped.  She was driving down a rural road to reach a client that lived outside of town.  It had not been plowed yet and Karen was driving slowly so she didn’t careen off into the trees.
Then she drove past the carcass of deer that had been lying by the side of the road for several days.  It had begun to bloat and swell.  She had seen it several times before and won’t even have noticed it if she hadn’t been going so slow.  She saw the deer’s body shudder and shake as she approached.  She spared a momentary glance over at it, expecting to see a coyote or maybe even a bear.  What looked up and met her gaze was anything but.
Over the bloated snow covered carcass, two red gleaming eyes set in a crested head looked right at her. Most disturbing of all, where it’s bottom jaw should have been there was a mass of tentacles grasping pieces of rotten meat!  The creature was pure white and blended in with the freshly fallen snow.  That was the only impression she got as her car coasted by.  Once she reached her destination several miles away she ran from her car to the house.  On the drive back both the monster and deer carcass were gone.
Now that’s an encounter!  The Snow Devils do not disappoint and continue their unbroken record of appearances.  I hope that global warming doesn’t prevent future appearances.  Over the past few days, I’ve acquired the location of the past sightings and mapped all of them.  They seem restricted to the northwest part of town, with a few outliers that may be false reports.  This is very interesting.  I wonder if the source of the Snow Devils is located in this area.  Things to keep in mind for the future.

I’ll keep you updated!
Postscript
Vic and Gemma were unable to go to the junkyard and look for the fortune in bottle caps due to the weather.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick Update - Future

Hello Dear Readers, Part 1 I didn’t think I’d have new information about that contents of the almanac so soon.  But I do!  Most unexpectedly I got an email from Jan March!  Apparently, it is that time of the month!  Hooray for menstrual cycles!  She says that she still isn’t sure about sharing her journals with me but that she had a vision with pressing information.  This vision filled her such a sense of dread and foreboding that she contacted me as soon as she woke up!             Her vision was about the destruction of Kevin’s Crossing!  In it, she saw the town underwater with torrential rain.  Then everything began to shake and the ground split open and more water came out!  In water dark shaped could be seen swimming out of the cracks in the earth.  She didn’t know what they were, but she said she could feel their hostile intent.             This dream/vision mirrors the events in the 1887 Newton Almanac so closely as to make me extremely nervous.  While disastrous and

Idenitity of the Vandal

Hello Dear Readers, Today I received a shocking email from my friend Yusuf!  It’s been a while since I’ve seen or heard from him. Vic had told he’s doing much better since the last time we met.  Turns out its true!  Apparently, there’s something that he feels I needed to know. His email contained only a single link to an article from the Kevin's Crossing Herald, the charming local newspaper.  When I began reading it my breath caught in my chest.  The article said that the identity of the young man killed in a hit and run accident several weeks ago (the Vandal!) had been determined!  Though the identity of the driver of the car is still unknown (frowny face). Before going any further, I must tell you, dear readers, this was very difficult to read.  It re-ignites many emotions I had thought I’d put to rest.  The death of the Vandal, may he live forever in the sun, was very hard on me.  Since then I’ve buried myself in my research (and snack cakes).  This information re-opens t

Petroglyphs

Hello Dear Readers, So, becoming known in town for an interested in the strange and unusual has continued to be a mixed blessing.  On one hand, people are far more willing to talk to me about things now, on the other hand, people know who I am and want to talk to me all the time.  Recently I was contacted by way of email. It was Tim, the teenager from Historical Society. Fortunately, he and his friends have not yet tried to play the elevator game.  They invited me to a secret place somewhere in woods outside of town to show me something he thinks I will find interesting. (Susan, remember when we were kids and we used to go into the woods and eat mushrooms, until the incident with Henry Burrows?  May he live forever in the sun.) Apparently, they have rocks they think I should see. Well, rock does beat scissors. Again I fear being taken out into the middle of nowhere and hunted for sport. But if that is the price that I must pay for mystery, then so be it! So Tim picked me up